Saturday, March 10, 2007

First post/Introduction

Things happen alot in the stuff we watch, read and play. There's a bunch of cliches that are so common to things. In this blog, I count up on a scorecard how many times these things happen. It will primarily focus on TV and comic book graphic novels (not individual comic books, as I will explain later). Kill counts, references, cliches.. they all are counted. Now, before I begin later with my first round of scorecards on a group of Batman TPBS, I'm going set some criteria on things I will tally and score.

Body Count: Obivously, people die in fiction, just as they do in real life. Only problem is, alot of times they come back to life in comic books. So for sake of definition, here's the definition of dead in comic books: either they are dead WITH a body at the end of the TPB (this is why I'm using TPBs, since they often contain entire arcs) or they are presumed dead but no body is found at the end of the TPB.... AND wikipedia lists them as dead. O, and off-screen deaths don't count.

Number of mano-a-mano fights (and winners/losers): Who'd win in a fight, (blah) or (blah)? I'm gonna keep some standings on the victors of mano-a-mano fights. Only mano-a-mano though, I don't want to even deal with large fights where there seem to be armies involved.

Number of kisses: People kiss so often in visual mediums that a bunch of cliches have been made around them.

Cameos, particularly of the gratuitous nature: When a character not really central or common in the story is included.

Geographic coordinates given: In this day and age of Google Earth, it's fun to see geographic coordinates of fictional places and put them in and check out what is actually there.

MVP: The best character in the story/movie/whatever.

LVP: Worst character in the story.


I may introduce others later.

No comments: